Donate as little as $5. Your donations go toward helping the Museum fulfill its mission, as well as purchase new technology, create new exhibit spaces, and provide events and programming to the community.
Gifts from friends like you allow the Cape Coral Museum of History to provide:
- Free admission for students (with student ID)
- Funding for the care and preservation of Cape Coral artifacts
- Community outreach
- Family-friendly programming and events and much more!
Make visiting and supporting the Cape Coral Museum of History a ‘winning’ family tradition. Your gift, no matter the amount, will make a significant impact on the museum and our community.
If you are interested in donating items to the Cape Coral Museum of History collection, please follow these guidelines.
Email a photograph of each item along with a description to Janel@capecoralmuseum.org or make an appointment with staff by calling 239-772-7037. When emailing, please try to give as much information as possible, including measurements if the item is larger.
- We cannot always accommodate walk-ins. Appointments are recommended, especially between November and March.
- All items are evaluated for relevance to our mission statement and acquisition policy, duplication of an object already in the collection, and ability to safely store and preserve items for future generations.
- Donors must affirm that they own the object(s) and all rights, titles, and interests in it.
- Items are donated with all inherent rights and interests to the Cape Coral Historical Society, Inc., without restrictions as to its use or disposition.
- Items may be used by the museum for exhibition, as reference material, or for educational purposes. A signed deed of gift will be provided once items are approved.
- We are not responsible for the safety of items left on the porch. Complete contact information is required for each donation so that proper documentation can be filled out.
The Cape Coral Historical Society and Museum collects material related to the history of Southwest Florida with emphasis on Cape Coral history, including material which can be used for interpretation of the history of the area.